4842 Highland View Drive
Sacramento, CA 95814
Job Objective Inspiring Medicolegal Death Investigator with proven track record seeking position with well-established firm.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in forensics investigations
- Profound knowledge of laws and standards of medical investigation, anatomy, physiology, police and forensic science
- Wide knowledge of medical terminology, forensic pathology and pharmacology
- Ability to analyze a death scene, recognize items of evidence and observe the condition of the body
- Familiarity with investigative techniques, principles and practices used in the research of cause and manner of death
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to work independently
Medicolegal Death Investigator, August 2005 – Present
Forensic Medical, Sacramento, CA
- Attended death scenes and worked cooperatively with law enforcement personnel.
- Collected, documented, secured, tracked and disposed of decedent’s personal property; photographs death scenes and bodies.
- Established identity of decedent and ensured next-of-kin are notified and facilitated disposition of body.
- Received and released decedent bodies and assisted with the disposition of indigent and unclaimed bodies.
Medicolegal Death Investigator, May 2000 – July 2005
Medical Related Organization, Sacramento, CA
- Handled telephone calls reporting deaths, responded to death scenes, data collection, database entry and prepared and filed reports.
- Inspected bodies and obtained samples for study.
- Provided training, guidance and directed the work of less experienced investigators.
- Collected on-site crime scene information and evidence by examining the bodies of decedents, took pictures and secured physical evidence.
- Interacted with local law enforcement agencies and funeral homes.
- Assisted with the recovery, transportation and processing of bodies and evidence, and gave sworn testimony as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Fashion Careers of California College, San Diego, CA