2471 Allison Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23510
Email : [email]
|Seeking employment in your esteemed organization as an Informix DBA to further hone my skills in Informix, AIX, HP-UX, DataStage, Hyperion and SQL server.|
|Operational knowledge of software applications:|
- Informix IDS v 10
- An Initio, Informix XPS
- Data Integrator
Hardware administration expertise:
- HP DL585
- Everex 486
- Intel 310/ 311
Proficient in utilizing COTS packages:
- Server studio
- Lotus Notes, Visio
- Vantive, Erwin
Profound knowledge of operating systems:
- Linux, AIX
- Sun Solaris
- Interactive Unix
Adept with ETL tools:
Thorough with Business Intelligence tools:
Adroit in scripting languages:
- Shell, ksh
- Perl, Bourne
Immense capabilities to:
- Debug Informix server configuration
- Analyze database technologies and product releases
|January 2012 – Present|
- Provided assistance for database assembling, management and maintenance with regular statistics and backups.
- Supported team members for critical database systems and applications with high availability and disaster recovery services.
- Assisted in enhancement and data architecture for Informix groups and units.
- Provided scripting services and production support services in UNIX environment.
- Suggested improvements for high level database management and usage of data resources.
- Implemented processes for evaluation and tuning of production applications and database servers.
- Executed processes for installation, backup, control access and script execution programs on database servers.
- Developed data architectural elements, designing and integration patterns to improve program performance and scalability.
|November 2010 – January 2012|
- Communicated with development team on best practices for implementation, tuning and maintenance of Informix databases.
- Implemented procedures for Informix database health evaluation and performance tuning.
- Assisted in database system administration and optimization of Oracle and Informix applications.
- Coordinated with database service providers with technical assistance and support services.
- Resolved database problems and issues by providing consultation to internal teams and external consultants.
- Suggested new technologies and methods for database administration to management by complete research.
- Provided technical expertise relating to database configuration, performance and functional problems.
- Maintained white paper documentation for procedures relating to database assembly and tuning.
|Educational Background |
|Master’s Degree in Information Technology|
Dakota County Technical College
|August 2008 – May 2010|
|Professional Certification |
|IBM Certified Database Associate – Informix Dynamic Server 11.50||July 2010|