795 Farland Street
West Roxbury, MA 2132
Email : [email]
|To be able to work with your esteemed organization as a Mainframe DB2 DBA and aid in achievement of organizational objectives using my capabilities in DB2, JCL, Procs, Erwin model manager, SQL, Linux and Unix.|
|Operational competence to implement database management tools:|
- Log Analyzer
- Visual Explain, File Aid
Virtuoso in utilizing other tools like:
- IBM Admin, OMC Flash
- REXX, Catalog Manager
- BMC Alter
Thorough with Project Management tools:
- Mercury Quality Center
- Manage Now
Expert in utilizing databases including:
- DB2 for z/OS
- SQL server
Brilliant in using operating systems:
Immense potential to implement Mainframe technologies:
- JCL, SAS
- SPUFI, RACF
- SDSF, QMF
Adroit in utilizing third party software products:
Sound capabilities to:
- Debug errors related to Unix, DB2 and Linux systems
- Implement effective recovery procedures and best practices
|Mainframe DB2 DBA|
|January 2012 – Present|
West Roxbury, MA
- Executed effective processes for database backup, recovery and maintenance utilities.
- Participated in all phases of data management and development lifecycle.
- Coordinated with users and management for continuous improvement of system operations and maintenance.
- Conducted complete analysis of client database requirements to recommend solutions.
- Provided technical assistance for development of database security, testing and control procedures.
- Implemented procedures for creation and review of test plans and data sources.
- Assisted in measurement of database performance, capacity monitoring and tuning processes.
- Supported technical team members in creation and set up of database presentations and project work plans.
|Mainframe DB2 DBA|
Lockheed Martin Corporation
|November 2010 – January 2012|
Gwynn Oak, MD
- Assisted team members in support and implementation of new and updated database technologies.
- Coordinated with senior technical management in determination and implementation of standards and methods.
- Implemented procedures for defining and suggesting suitable functional requirements to system.
- Provided technical assistance in identification, review and selection of new and updated technological resources.
- Supported technical team members in database support services including recovery and backup.
- Executed effective processes for development of SQL scripts, stored procedures and application functions.
- Developed access and security controls for overall database administration functions along with secondary authorizations.
- Suggested enhancements for DB2 applications in terms of database performance and resource usage.
|Educational Background |
|Master’s Degree in Computer Science|
Southern Utah University
|August 2008 – May 2010|
Cedar City, UT
|Professional Certification |
|IBM Certified Database Administrator – DB2 9 DBA||July 2010|