When you write a Firefighter CV, what are the things that you should consider? What significant keywords give the most impact to the employers? Which skill should you give weight â€“ firefighting skills or technical skills? The sample CV of a Firefighter below will address these questions and will give you an idea on how to write the CV. An important tip in CV writing, do not overuse keywords and never use words you do not understand or use words you are not comfortable using in a day-to-day basis. Also, avoid repetitive contents; otherwise your resume will appear unconvincing. Let us look at the sample CV below.
|P.O. Box 755, 6188 Eu St., Alva, Stirlingshire, N0B 5VP|
|Tel: â€“ 01982 692985|
Date of Birth: â€“ 08/05/91
Nationality: â€“ British
|My goal as a Firefighter is to extend immediate and fearless response to emergency calls 24/7. I have been a Firefighter for years now and I can declare with conviction that I have saved hundreds of lives â€“victims of fire, vehicular accidents, and natural calamities such as flood, tornado and earthquake. I am an expert in operating firefighting vehicles, equipments and apparatus and skilled in Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) techniques. I am also knowledgeable in emergency codes, first aid, and general medical care. I am physically fit, healthy and disciplined firefighter dedicated to save lives of people.|
|PERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCES|
- Hands on experience in managing and operating various fire fighting vehicles and equipments
- Exceptional knowledge of maintaining emergency response records
- Immense knowledge of various flammable and combustible liquids
- Ability to coordinate with a team of trained firefighters, policeman and doctors
- Ability to interpret all oral and written instructions
- Solid understanding of communication equipment
|Firefighter|| Aberdeen Fire Service â€“ Aberdeen||2013 to Till Date|
- Monitored and responded to all emergency calls related to hazardous materials and rescues at times.
- Provided assistance in case of all natural disaster such as floods and cyclones.
- Operated various firefighting equipment to extinguish fire.
- Assisted people in various dangerous situations and rescued from inaccessible places with help of ladder.
- Trained all volunteer firefighters on evacuation and firefighting skills.
- Maintained record of all fire and accidents to be presented in court of law.
|Firefighter||South Wales Fire and Rescue Service â€“ Pontyclun||2012 to 2013|
- Monitored all non-emergency calls and ensured efficient resolution of issues.
- Administered all emergency cases and provided appropriate response.
- Maintained a neat and clean fire station and stored all equipment appropriately.
- Analyzed safety handbook for city and recommended prevention activities if required.
- Helped people to evacuate site and buildings in emergency and dangerous situations.
- Assisted people with medical services if required till the time the paramedics did not arrive.
|BSc (Hons) in Fire Science|
Strathclyde University â€“ Glasgow
2009 to 2012
|A-levels: English Language, General Studies, Art and Design|
Leeds City College â€“ Leeds
2007 to 2009
|GCSEs: English, Maths, Science, French, Art|
St Paulâ€™s School â€“ Barnes
2002 to 2007