Construction managers ensure that construction sites are safe, orderly, and well-maintained. They also make sure that individual workers are all staying on task and that construction is proceeding on schedule. This position requires a bachelor’s degree and some on-the-job training. Candidates need to be able to manage personnel, stick to tight deadlines, and handle high-level organization tasks.
If you are interested in getting a job within this field, it all starts with your construction manager resume. This resume should focus on your managerial skills and ability to adapt quickly to unexpected changes. It can take many different forms depending on your previous work history and level of education. Presented here are three different construction manager resume format options, each of which uses a different level of experience as a base from which a great resume is built.
Construction manager positions usually go to individuals who have had previous construction or supervisory experience, but an entry-level candidate can still land a position in this field with a strong resume that emphasizes organizational ability and confidence in personnel management. The construction manager resume example provided here shows how you can craft a strong resume even right after you have graduated college, potentially landing a desirable position early on.
| Sarah Dupont|
5 Werner Drive
Tampa, FL 33601
Home: (813) 685-9412
Cell: (813) 613-7461
|ENERGETIC AND HIGHLY ORGANIZED CONSTRUCTION MANAGER|
|Construction manager candidate with an extremely strong ability to evaluate and supervise industry personnel, excellent deadline management skills, and comprehensive knowledge of industry standards. Highly motivated and energetic with an excellent level of attention to detail.|
| UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, Gainesville, FL|
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, 2014
- Fundamentals of CAD
- Surveying and Mapping
- Project Engineering
- Project management
- Human resources
- Project management
- Human resources
- Multi-site supervision
- Design and development
- Budgeting and finance
- Customer relations
Mid-Level Professional Resume
When you have several years of construction management experience, you become an industry professional and have a bit more freedom with your resume building. At this point, it becomes important to focus your skills in a manner that implies you have a specific professional direction in mind. The construction manager resume sample below focuses a great deal on the personnel management aspects of Mr. Kelper’s career, although other important experiences are also detailed.
|18 Jacob Lane – Tampa, FL33601 – (813) 517-5200 – [email]|
Highly experienced and knowledgeable of worksite efficacy.
- Highly skilled and motivated construction manager with multiple years of experience in a supervisory position.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction procedures and industrial science.
- Strong adherence to safety protocols.
- Capable of ensuring high workplace morale and an energetic atmosphere.
|Worksite supervision: Provide on-site supervision and support for employees in a variety of different construction roles.|
Organization: Ensure an organized, professional environment that remains on-task regardless of deadlines, complex instructions, or other potential distractions.
Deadline management: Make certain that all construction products are managed and executed in a manner which ensures that they will be completed on time and in the most efficient way possible.
|Florida Construction Services (Tampa, FL)|
Construction Manager, 6/2012-Present
|Supervise construction sites that are assigned from both private businesses and the state government. Coordinate site bids and organize construction contracts. Assign team members in the manner which will allow the most efficient job performance. Ensure that construction needs are met under tight deadlines.|
Experienced Professional Resume
An experienced professional in this field is the most likely to earn a position as long as the construction manager resume is top-notch. Your specific career highlights should be well-documented by this point, as should your professional skills. Use the construction manager sample resume presented below to see how you can effectively balance many elements into a concise but effective two-page resume.
(555)-555-5555 | 813 Pine Street | Tampa, FL 33601 | [email]
|Experienced construction manager with excellent site supervision skills.|
|Extremely efficient and well-organized construction manager with years of experience and excellent personnel management skills. Well-versed in all construction equipment and superb at on-site management.|
| CORE COMPETENCIES|
|Logistical scheduling – Time management – Deadline navigation – Labor assistance – Worker dispatch – On-site|
management – Compliance monitoring – Building and safety codes – Contract management – Personnel acquisition and
training – Permit and license acquisition
|FALCON LANE CONSTRUCTION – Tampa, FL|
Managing all aspects of construction projects, from concept to site delivery.
Coordinate and implement all aspects of construction design and execution. Submit bids, acquire permits, and schedule field operations. Create budgets and maneuver around tight deadlines in order to ensure quality job completion.
- Conduct hiring, training, and staff management.
- Schedule construction dates and oversee field operations.
- Communicate with subcontractors.
- Develop oversight committee.
- Collaborate with marketing professionals regarding advertising and public relations campaigns.
- Place signage and ensure that safety requirements are met.
- Develop budget and make sure all finances remain on-target.
- Accept or decline time off requests based on employee need and projection completion percentage.
|MASONRY INDUSTRIES – Orlando, FL|
Provided comprehensive construction oversight to both public and private projects.
|Negotiated with public and private investors in order to secure a number of diverse real estate construction projects. Developed and implemented subcontractor requirements and ensured that the entire construction team remained on-task and within deadline requirements.|
- Acquired new staff and provided training.
- Developed comprehensive project plans and ensured their proper execution.
- Created teamwork exercises to keep unit members dedicated and energized during the construction process.
- Provided project development reports to contractors on a regular basis.
- Provided excellent time and budgetary management.
- Served as primary point of communication for all matters related to the construction project.
|MASONRY INDUSTRIES – Orlando, FL|
Guided on-site construction efforts and ensured smooth delivery of workplace goals.
Managed the development of over two dozen construction projects over a two-year period. Provided input into the hiring of personnel and ensured that employees remained on-task and motivated at the construction site.
- Created a positive work environment which employees could draw motivation from in their pursuit of construction goals.
- Operated construction equipment and maintained certification in all essential devices.
- Communicated with construction manager and bid committee regarding progress and deadline status.
|Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, 2006|
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Grade Point Average of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated