An operation manager is responsible for overseeing all facets of a companyâ€™s workforce and ensuring the smooth operation of all company projects. As leaders of a team, operations managers should possess excellent communication skills, organizational abilities, and problem solving strategies. In addition to those fundamental skills, basic computer knowledge and familiarity with standard office software are also qualifications necessary to conduct day-to-day tasks.
A well written operations manager resume should emphasize all of the skills mentioned above as well as the applicantâ€™s educational background. Most companies require candidates to possess at least a four year degree from an accredited university in a related field. Those who do not have a four year degree risk having their resume rejected outright. Listed below are three different operations manager resume format examples, each catering to varying levels of experience.
An operations manager who is new to the field should highlight academic achievements and other skills related to the field in spite of their lack of work experience. Academic clubs and other team projects are great ways for a new candidate to show off their prior leadership roles and project planning skills. The operations manager resume example displayed below does just that by highlighting Mr. Davisâ€™ educational background in business management and a college campus group he presided over.
| HOWARD DAVIS2464 Main St.|
Amherst, OH 44011
Tel: (440) 932-4317 / Email: [email]
|Ambitious, organized, and detail-oriented operations manager looking to develop new skills in an upbeat atmosphere. Strong background in oral communications, team leadership, and event organization.|
|REFERENCES ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST|
Mid-Level Professional Resume
Operation managers with a minimum of three to five years of experience are considered to be mid-level professionals. Candidates at this level should have not only include the necessary educational requirements within their resume, but highlight the skills necessary for ensuring the smooth operations of corporate programs. The operations manager resume sample below places emphasis on Ms. Smithâ€™s work history within the field, skills such as project analysis and her familiarity with common office software, as well as her academic background.
|Sarah Smith |
2327 Quarry Rd., Amherst, OH 44011
Home: (440) 531-5286 | Cell: (440) 255-5268 | [email]
- Reliable and hardworking operations manager with exceptional communication and organizational skills. Detail-oriented strategist experienced in the areas of production operations and logistics analysis.
- Qualifications include a B.A. in business management and proficient leadership skills. Knowledgeable in common office software, email communications, and Windows operating systems.
- Project analysis
- Logistics analysis
- Program management
- Oral communications
- Team leadership
- Develop interoffice relationships
- Office software
- Email correspondence
|Operations Manager Experience|
|L.L. BEARING CORP. â€“ Youngstown, OH|
Operations Manager, February 2013-Present
|Recruit new team associates and act as a point of contact for all new clients. Responsible for the creation, assessment, and implementation of all company projects, including distribution and promotions. Mentor project teams and assure assigned duties are completed by the management-determined deadline.|
- Team Leadership: Provide constructive feedback for new team associates. Assure that project deadlines are met. Resolve any conflicts between team associates and clients.
- Logistics Analysis: Oversee and analyze company equipment. Ensure equipment for production is maintained and in proper working order. Ensure company associates were educated on how to properly use company equipment and adhered to recommended safety protocols.
Experienced Professional Resume
Experienced professional operations managers have at least seven or more years of experience within the field. Individuals in this position should emphasize accrued skills and any professional achievements in their operations manager resume. Unless an experienced associate has chosen to continue their education by obtaining a masterâ€™s degree or specialized certifications, academic achievements are of less importance than lower level candidate resumes. The operations manager sample resume below showcases skills Mr. Jennings has picked up throughout his career, such as managing teams, problem solving, and conflict resolution.
2367 Derby Dr.
Lorain, OH 44023
Strategic Planning Skills | Leadership Qualities | Technologically Savvy
Organized | Motivated
|Experienced operations manager seeks a position to head company operations and effectively lead production teams. Strong communication and planning skills. Knowledgeable in common business software. An enthusiastic and organized team leader.|
|CORE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS|
- Motivate company associates
- Develop programs
- Create project reports
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving
- Risk assessment
- Computer skills
- Conflict resolution
- Production logistics
|Davidson Manufacturing |
|Oversee assembly line, identify ways to increase production, and evaluate potential risks. Work in conjunction with other departments in order to ensure the health and safety of all company employees. Act as a single point of contact for production team. Mentor associates and assure that the daily output quota is met. Communicate project ideas, employee evaluation reports, and any concerns to company board of directors.|
- Assess any potential risks.
- Act as a bridge between employees and upper management.
- Meet project deadlines.
- Compile reports and correspondence.
- Dispatching maintenance when necessary.
- Develop project plans.
- Address employee concerns and conduct investigations when required.
- Lead production team.
|Operations Manager|| 2006-2009|
|Acted as the head of the distribution department. Communicated with distribution program team and clients. Worked in conjunction with the sales team to streamline shipping methods and provide satisfactory service to clients.|
- Single point of contact for the distribution team.
- Mentored new distribution department associates.
- Maintained department records and compiled reports.
- Developed innovative methods to increase productivity.
- Communicated effectively with clients and other company departments.
- Worked with team members to resolve department specific issues.
|Operations Manager, Marketing Department||2005-2006|
|Maytag Appliances Inc.|
|Acted as head of the marketing team in order to organize promotional campaigns and increase sales revenue. Addressed customer concerns and worked to improve client satisfaction rates. Designed promotional programs to attract new clients and strengthen bonds with existing customers.|
- Communicated with clients and marketing department management.
- Developed customer satisfaction surveys and reported results to marketing.
- Assisted in creating advertisements and other promotions.
- Wrote company sponsored email correspondences.
- Recorded client information into system database.
- Assessed risks associated with new product lines.
|EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT |
|Boston University, Bachelor of Arts, Business Management|
Harding High School, High School Diploma