4999 White Lane
Millen, GA 30442
Job Objective Bus Mechanic at a small, dependable agency.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Strong experience with maintenance and repair of both gasoline and diesel powered school buses, and other heavy duty trucks
- Sound knowledge of bus diesel engines and mechanical troubleshooting along with preventive maintenance, diagnosis and repair
- Profound knowledge of mechanics of bus fleet, hydraulics, mechanical equipment, computers, lubricants, oxyacetylene welding and cutting
- Familiarity with the vehicle safety law and regulations
- Ability to drive safely and provide an efficient transportation system
- Solid understanding of the electrical, air brake systems, welding, cutting torches and bodywork
Bus Mechanic, August 2005 – Present
Maizis and Miller, Millen, GA
- Provided preventative maintenance on bus fleet, according to the specified standards.
- Repaired electrical parts and carried repairs and replacements according to the electrical an fuel diagnosis.
- Regulated daily bus inspection check list, reviewing DOT sheets and performing repairs accordingly.
- Maintained the shop closing repair orders, coordinated with vendors for repairs.
- Controlled bus part inventory and ordered bus parts, tires and other services.
- Coordinated with vendors for the outside repairs, accountable for the creation and closing of the shop repair orders.
Bus Mechanic, May 2000 – July 2005
Shortline Bus Company, Millen, GA
- Regulated preventive measure inspection on a regular basis, checked on lubrication, fluid change, brake adjustment and tier rotation.
- Provided unscheduled maintenance as well according to the need to check on vehicle.
- Repaired and replaced engine, electrical, fuel, brake and exhaust repairs and performed emergency roadside services.
- Repaired power plants, air conditioning, electric, heating systems, minor body repairs, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Regulated the batteries by charging and fixing any defects
High School Diploma, Dana Hills High School, Dana Point, CA