3036 Alexander Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Job Objective Seeking employment as a Maternity Nurse to use my past expertise to better the hospital and myself.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Deep knowledge about pregnancy and its operation procedures
- Ability to assist with circumcision and appropriately manage newborn care
- Amazing nursing and delegation skills
- Ability to perform head to toe assessment of the mother-baby
Maternity Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Intermountain Healthcare, Pleasanton, CA
- Coordinated nursing care for a patient and supervised clinical activities.
- Supervised nursing and ancillary personnel.
- Assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated care of patients.
- Provided post partum and baby care.
- Provided extraordinary care to Maternity patients in collaboration with the Labor and Delivery unit.
- Educated labor and delivery unit to handle emergency and provide back up.
Maternity Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Lawrence Hospital Center, Pleasanton, CA
- Provided direct patient care, evaluated outcomes, consulted with other specialists and adjusted nursing care processes to ensure optimal patient care.
- Documented initial nursing histories, assessed patients’ conditions and developed individual care plans for patients.
- Provided general nursing care and personal care assistance to patients.
- Administered narcotics and medications.
- Observed emotional stability of patients, monitored progress and followed-up after discharge.
B.S in Nursing and Medical Care, Air University, Maxwell AFB, AL
45 Bloomingdale Rd
Nauvoo, AL 35578
Objective Obtain a position as a Maternity Nurse at an esteemed organization where I can perform my duties with total sincerity, honesty, integrity and selflessness.
- Strong knowledge of the medical terminology about labor and delivery.
- Extended ability to work with patients facing the birth of a child, complete with all the emotions that come with it.
- Ability to teach first time mothers how to bathe and become comfortable around the baby.
- Immense ability to develop feeding routines, whether it is breast feeding or bottle feeding.
- Exceptional ability to operate and interpret readings from fetal monitoring equipment
Maternity Nurse, 2004 to till date
Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Collected and tested urine sample from pregnant woman.
- Performed patient blood pressure and heart rate check.
- Stayed with the mother and the baby at all times and all throughout the term of their service.
- Assisted while the mother learned how to breastfeed.
- Assisted the mothers with bottle-feeding, bathing, handling of the baby and other tasks.
- Cleaned and weighed the baby and performed a general check on its overall health.
Perinatal Nursing Certification, 2004
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
B.S in Nursing, 2003
Yale School of Nursing, New Haven, CT