3088 Glendale Avenue
Reseda, CA 91335
Job Objective Seeking employment as a Med Surg Nurse with a qualifying hospital in order to exercise my knowledge.
Med Surg Nurse, August 2005 â€“ Present
Providence Health & Services, Reseda, CA
- Assessed patient conditions and nursing needs, using the nursing process.
- Ensured that patient direct care needs are met.
- Performed patient and family education.
- Collaborated with team in patient care.
- Provided care appropriate to the age and specific needs of the patients.
- Implemented infection control techniques in all patient interactions.
Med Surg Nurse, May 2000 â€“ July 2005
Midland Memorial Hospital, Reseda, CA
- Provided patient care and maintained effective functioning for the assigned unit of service.
- Supervised licensed vocational nurses, non-licensed nursing personnel and other registered nurses in providing quality patient care.
- Ensured that services in the unit are performed in accordance with the standards and mission of the facility.
- Implemented patient care in accordance with the established policies and procedures of Southwest Medical Center.
- Communicated with peers and assisted in orientation of new employees.
- Participated in Cardiovascular Continuous Quality Improvement.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable nursing experience in acute care setting
- Thorough knowledge of nursing principles
- Good creative, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to provide quality patient care
- Ability to assess patientâ€™s needs â€“ clinical, teaching, mental and spiritual
- Ability to function well in stressful situations and to prioritize and delegate work
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Morris Brown College, Atlanta, GA