3125 Prospect Valley Road
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Job Objective Seeking work as a Medical Surgical Nurse in a hospital in order to bring my years of experience in the field to the doctors and hospital.
Medical Surgical Nurse, August 2005 â€“ Present
Martin Memorial Medical Center, Manhattan Beach, CA
- Educated patients on surgical procedures.
- Provided preoperative, inter-operative and post operative care to patients.
- Managed pain and documented patientâ€™s response to nursing and other interventions.
- Discharged patients and followed up.
- Maintained patientâ€™s physical and psychosocial health.
- Monitored safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
Medical Surgical Nurse, May 2000 â€“ July 2005
Samaritan Medical Center, Manhattan Beach, CA
- Assessed signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patientâ€™s condition.
- Collected, analyzed, and interpreted data and information from health care members and documents actual and potential nursing diagnoses.
- Documented patientâ€™s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Monitored consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff.
- Modified plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective and ineffective nursing interventions.
- Documented patientâ€™s response to nursing and other interventions.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Extensive surgical experience for surgical procedures
- Exceptional knowledge of surgical equipment and routines
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent reasoning, decision-making and clinical thinking skills
- Ability to provide high level of patient confidentiality
- Ability to actively seek educational opportunities to improve clinical practice
- Ability to maintain quality-working relationship with peers and to circulate on surgical procedures
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, GA