3171 Cemetery Street
Salinas, CA 93901
Job Objective Seeking a position as a Mother Baby Nurse with a health care organization that that has a good reputation and allows the change to build more experience in this position.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in nursing high risk labor and delivery
- Solid understanding of AHLTA and CHCS for keeping records, ordering of ancillary procedures
- Sound knowledge of MEPRS code and MACH protocol
- Ability to verify the content and correctness of all prepared and transcribed reports
- Ability to documenting appropriate history, physical examination, required laboratory and x-ray examinations, and preliminary diagnosis
Mother Baby Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Northside Hospital, Salinas, CA
- Assisted and supported pregnant women in their healthy labor processes.
- Administered medications and intravenous fluids to mothers.
- Monitored nursing care to newborn babies.
- Assessed the health of new mothers and their babies.
- Consulted nursing care to babies born prematurely and seriously ill.
- Helped mothers in coping up with post-partum depression.
Mother Baby Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Sanford USD Medical Center, Salinas, CA
- Evaluated, planned, and administered nursing care to patients.
- Provided prescribed medication and treatment, helped physicians during exams and treatment, and monitored and recorded patient condition.
- Performed one to one monitoring of the high risk obstetrical patient.
- Responded to Cardiac and Respiratory Arrests according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Assessed normal pregnancy variations and high risk complications and maladaptive behaviors and provided care accordingly.
- Performed vaginal examinations to accurately determine cervical dilation, effacement, fetal station, and presenting part.
B.S in Nursing and Medical Care, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ
408 Reynolds Rd
Bonifay, FL 32425
Objective Looking for a Mother Baby Nurse position in a reputed health organization where I can apply my best nursing skills.
- Sound knowledge about newborn care and breastfeeding.
- Strong ability to face worst-case scenarios like mother and infant deaths.
- Immense ability to teach first time mothers how to bathe and become comfortable around the baby.
- Profound ability to work closely with patients facing the birth of a child, complete with all the emotions that come with it.
- Excellent ability to entertain newborns with activities like talking, singing, playing music, and reading.
Mother Baby Nurse, 2004 to till date
Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
- Took care of a mother’s emotional and medical needs before and after baby is born.
- Assisted with breast feeding support, bottle sterilization, baths, dressing and diapering.
- Cared for new mothers and their newborns immediately followed the delivery.
- Responsible for washing bottles and baby clothes
- Stayed overnight to care for baby to allow parents a full night’s rest.
Perinatal Nursing Certification, 2004
University of Texas Austin, Austin, TX
B.S in Nursing, 2003
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA