1126 Lynch Street
New Berlin, WI 53151
Job Objective Seeking an Animal Control Officer position within a highly established organization in which my skills can be enhanced to benefit the organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in animal handling and law enforcement
- Extensive knowledge of Federal, State laws, codes, ordinances and regulations pertaining to animal control
- Sound knowledge of behavioral and health characteristics of various breeds of dogs, cats, and other animals
- In-depth knowledge of procedures for capturing a variety of domestic and wild animals
- Skilled in operating a two-way radio and driving a light truck
- Proficient with Chameleon Software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Thorough knowledge of procedures for issuing animal care citations
- Ability to understand and follow a variety of oral and written instructions
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, run, kneel, squat, climb and lift up to 50 pounds
- Professional Experience
Animal Control Officer, August 2005 – Present
Adams County Colorado, New Berlin, WI
Provided food, water and care to held animals and notified owners regarding it.
Identified and recorded breed and gender of animals and administered inoculations to animals.
Investigated complaints concerning animals creating nuisances and took appropriate action and compiled reports.
Attended calls regarding animal bites and enforced isolation of animals for rabies observation.
Investigated reports of animal abuse, issued warnings and citations for violations of ordinances and testified in court.
Euthanized animals as directed and dispose of remains.
Sold and reclaimed animals and maintained cleanliness of facility.
Animal Control Officer, May 2000 – July 2005
City of Chicago, New Berlin, WI
Conducted investigation on complaints regarding abnormal behavior of animals.
Developed investigation reports and warned and cited for animal care.
Captured, impounded and transported stray, unlicensed, injured and uncontrolled animals to the Animal Care and Control Facility.
Completed impoundment records and prepared activity reports on all animals impounded.
Responded to inquiries from the public and provided information regarding local animal control laws and explained.
Interpreted and enforced the municipal code concerning the care and control of animals.
Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Science, Lewis & Clark College, Portland, OR