125 Margaret Street
Houston, TX 77032
Job Objective Payroll Officer seeking position with organization that has the potential for career growth possibilities.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Huge experience in basic and advanced accounting
- Extensive knowledge of financial record keeping and bookkeeping
- Strong knowledge of governmental accounting practices and principles
- Proficient with Microsoft software suite and AS400 file extraction procedures
- Outstanding ability to prepare accurate, complete, and timely payroll
- Strong ability to apply departmental policies and applicable laws and regulations
Industrea Limited, Houston, TX
August 2005 â€“ Present
- Initiated and implemented procedures to develop payroll for company staff
- Carried out data entry, calculation of benefit deduction and wages to complete payroll every month
- Scrutinized payroll for errors and discrepancies
- Carried out auditing of payroll on regular intervals.
- Maintained files and updated with pay increases, workersâ€™ compensation payment and finalized payment for each month.
- Distributed paychecks to each employee every month upon manual scrutiny of salary accounts.
Triumph Group, Inc., Houston, TX
May 2000 â€“ July 2005
- Managed payroll personnel and provided necessary technical support to them.
- Designed and executed performance metrics and annual reviews for Payroll personnel.
- Addressed employee performance issues on a regular basis.
- Supported employees by providing training and professional development opportunities.
- Reviewed and approved all required payroll and state tax reconciliations
- Ensured departmental activities were in compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory.
Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Accounting
East Georgia College, Swainsboro, GA