3579 White Pine Lane
Ashburn, VA 20147
Job Objective Seeking long-term Press Officer Position in which my professional experiences and special qualifications will help encourage the growth of both my organization and myself.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Huge working knowledge in publication and media setting
- Extensive knowledge of current political and governmental affairs
- Exceptional knowledge of generating news stories and developing news.
- Proficient with MS office applications
- Excellent familiarity with local media, society and culture
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to deliver unambiguous and detailed news and stories for publication
The Press-Enterprise Classified Ad, Ashburn, VA
August 2005 – Present
- Prepared news articles and press releases.
- Responded to journalists’ enquiries.
- Coordinated with the press and broadcast media on a daily basis.
- Monitored broadcast and press coverage.
- Organized press conferences, media interviews and news briefings
- Updated on current events, issues and public opinions.
Woolverton Printing, Ashburn, VA
May 2000 – July 2005
- Managed company websites and media department.
- Developed and maintained press and media contacts.
- Implemented strategies for media coverage to publish news and press releases.
- Developed media statements on multiple issues and distributed to target media.
- Drafted and distributed press releases to target media.
- Organized and attended press conferences and press briefings.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism
Camden County College, Blackwood, NJ