2576 Lake Forest Drive
Kansas City, KS 66210
Career Objective To obtain a News Producer position with reputable company in which to grow and enhance my skills while making excellent contributions to company.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Vast experience in producing Television News Shows
- Sound knowledge of journalism ethics and laws
- Wide knowledge of national and international news issues
- Exceptional knowledge of the production of newscast
- Ability to coordinate between the long segment and everyday news
- Ability to produce newscasts in a live and live-to-tape news wheel operation
- Ability to produce news stories and segments with little supervision
- Skilled to write copies and incorporate graphics in the same
- Outstanding skills to use internet production tools
News Producer, April 2008 – Till Date
KCTV792, Kansas City, KS
- Monitored the news before airing it and researched on the material to ensure that it is authentic.
- Selected the pre-production materials such as graphic and other components for the show.
- Maintained the slots for any breaking news and coordinated with the control room on the same.
- Determined the content of the day’s broadcast with the help of reporters and the editorial desk.
- Interfaced with the creative service department to design the promotions of the upcoming shows and the ways to promote it.
- Ensured the quality of content and graphics and edited it to suit the viewership.
News Producer, January 2004 – March 2008
The E.W. Scripps Company, Kansas City, KS
- Coordinated with associate producers, mangers and assignment editors for the news to be aired.
- Administered the story and suggested the necessary graphics and videos to support it.
- Created the content to be generated on multiple platforms.
- Monitored the live broadcast and made quick decisions when required.
- Assisted in editing the graphics and videos on multiple platforms.
Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism, Phoenix College, Phoenix, AZ