310 Jennings St
Waynesburg, OH 44688
Job Objective Seeking a Mainframe COBOL Programmer position that offers an immediate challenge, career opportunity and advancement.
Mainframe Cobol Programmer, August 2005 – Present
Nerolac Associates, Waynesburg, OH
- Developed design documentation for enhancements to mainframe system.
- Conducted and performed code walkthroughs for management.
- Reviewed, analyzed and modified programming systems.
- Assigned for coding, testing, debugging and installing significant mainframe computer system.
- Developed COBOL programs for new functionality.
- Maintained and developed on-line and batch application programs.
- Ensured system design and resulting code is aligned with business process changes requested by the customer.
Mainframe Cobol Programmer, May 2000 – July 2005
KCP, Waynesburg, OH
- Developed, supported, maintained and implemented small to medium non-complex components of a project module.
- Provided support, including problem analysis and resolution, production monitoring and project tracking.
- Created test transactions and executed tests to find errors and confirmed program meets specifications.
- Conferred with customers to collect information regarding overall program requirements.
- Performed and conducted all phases of systems life cycle development.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Sound knowledge of programming in mainframe operating environment and in Cobol
- Excellent JCL and Cobol Programming skills
- In-depth knowledge of writing, testing and implementing programs within a very short timeframe
- Deep knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and Project Management
- Outstanding ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and analysis skills
- Ability to perform programming, debugging, data analysis and system analysis
Bachelor of Science in Computers and Mathematics, Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, PA
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Loyola Marymount University, California, CA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated