3238 Summit Park Avenue
Plymouth, MI 48170
Job Objective Gain employment as Tumor Registrar in a well established firm where I can apply my skills and knowledge.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Admirable experience in providing ICD coding for all cancer treatment and staging
- Exceptional knowledge of tumor coding requirements
- Wide knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
- Strong knowledge of tumor nomenclature, classification systems
- Familiarity with Facility Oncology Registry Data Standards (FORDS)
- Proficient with cancer registration software, Microsoft Office
- Solid understanding of anatomy, physiology and disease processes
- Ability to interpret and analyze all medical data
- Ability to maintain cancer registry information on software
- Ability to communicate with patients and family members
- Ability to comply to commission on cancer standards
- Ability to interpret medical terminology
NYU Langone Medical Center, Plymouth, MI
August 2007 – Present
- Maintained record of all cancer patients with help of tumor registry.
- Analyzed cases and identified appropriate cancer diseases efficiently.
- Monitored all diagnostic information and provided appropriate references.
- Maintained record of all cases and associated disease registries.
- Evaluated all data from various sources and ensured completeness.
- Maintained record of various therapies and provided appropriate code.
- Performed regular surveillance on patient data to ensure accuracy.
- Prepared reports for all cancer and hematology diseases.
South Nassau Communities Hospital, Plymouth, MI
May 2004 – July 2007
- Maintained record of all new cases and prepared required documents.
- Ensured accuracy of reports on software system.
- Organized cancer conferences on weekly basis and identified any issues.
- Ensured compliance to all ACOS standards for TNM staging systems.
- Monitored registry database and provided update to all patient data.
- Developed suspense list and evaluated pathology and radiology reports.
- Coordinated with physicians and patient contacts for all information.
- Provided assistance to clinicians in all research work for tumor.
Associate Degree in Health Information Technology
Kauai Community College, Lihue, HI