501 Woodside Circle
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Job Objective Gain employment as Zoo Registrar in a well established firm where I can apply my skills and knowledge.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Outstanding experience in managing all animal records on zoo software
- Immense knowledge of zoological nomenclature and medical terminology
- Profound knowledge of exotic animal species and conversation, inventory accession, record-keeping best practices
- Familiarity with laws regulating animal acquisition, husbandry standards
- Good understanding of exotic animal species and conservation issues
- Proficient with ARKS, MedARKS, Microsoft Office Applications, ISIS and ZIMS
- Wide knowledge of zoo animal records management principles and practices
- Ability to maintain and prepare records
- Ability to resolve all inventory issues
- Ability to comply to all zoo regulations and processes
- Ability to understand various veterinary terminology
- Ability to maintain records as per AZA collection standards
Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo, Tallahassee, FL
August 2007 – Present
- Maintained and provided update to all animal records for zoo.
- Performed troubleshoot on computerized animal records on ARKS.
- Administered zoo transition from various in-house record keeping system.
- Documented and processes various animal transactions.
- Ensured compliance to all legal and governmental regulations for animal transfer.
- Analyzed breeding loan agreements and prepared appropriate documents.
- Maintained track of all permit applications and provided update.
- Coordinated with curatorial staff and assisted in animal shipments.
Associate Degree in Zoology
Virginia Highlands Community College, Abingdon, VA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated