432 Dog Hill Lane
Junction City, KS 66441
Job Objective To obtain a Bioinformatics Scientist position that fully utilizes my experience and abilities.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience of development and implementation of bioinformatics software applications and analysis programs
- Sound knowledge of computational biology, data set analysis and bioinformatics algorithms
- Commendable knowledge of sequence retrieval, alignment and clustering methodologies
- Familiarity with usingMatlab, Java, JMP, SAS, and biological databases
- Ability to communicate with research and technical personnel in a pleasant manner
- Ability to comprehend and follow establishedregulations, and ISO standards
Biogen Idec, Junction City, KS
August 2012 – Present
- Prepared, implemented, and maintained analysis software tools for comparative data analysis and Variant Detection NGS.
- Created and deployedraw data and metadata management systems.
- Maintained and provided accurate clinical data, genome annotations, micro array, and sequencing results.
- Interacted and worked with clinical team,R&D scientists, and software programmers.
- Conductedin-house training programs and delivered post-sales technical support to clients,
- Interpreted and followed CLSI requirements and FDA rules, as applicable.
Synthetic Genomics, Inc., Junction City, KS
May 2009 – July 2012
- Determined and documented client-specific data needs and software specifications.
- Created and provided bioinformatics algorithms and pipelines for NGS and genotyping.
- Obtained, analyzed and validated genomic data sets and sequencing data.
- Maintained and distributed accurate genomic and clinical data, efficiently.
- Detected, analyzed, and eliminated genomic data inconsistenciesin internal databases.
- Educated and guidedsubordinate bioinformatics scientists and project teams, as needed.
Master’s Degree in Bioinformatics
Las Positas College, Livermore, CA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2018Create Date
- March 1, 2018Last Updated