132 Quincy Street
Philadelphia, PA 19108
Job Objective Looking for a position as a Commodity Specialist within the company. Hope to bring years of technical experience and managerial skills to the table to help your company advance.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Huge experience in commodity purchasing and supply chain management
- In-depth knowledge of products purchased, good purchasing practices and policies
- Sound knowledge of suppliers’ manufacturing processes and materials
- Thorough knowledge of Procurement processes, and LEAN manufacturing
- Proficient in ERP system, SAP, Photoshop and MS Office suite
- Uncommon ability to function well in a rapid paced, multi-task environment
- Outstanding ability to prepare comprehensive reports, contracts and presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and negotiating skills
Commodity Specialist, May 2006 – Present
Janus Capital Group, Philadelphia, PA
- Analyzed quotations received, selected and recommended suppliers, scheduled deliveries.
- Assisted with managing and tracking assets to maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Provided product pricing and availability information to internal customers.
- Maintained, evaluated and developed new sources of supply to ensure availability of material demand.
- Managed preventative and expediting program to ensure on-time deliveries and took corrective actions on delayed items.
- Developed necessary records and files for efficient operations.
Commodity Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
MKS Instruments Inc, Philadelphia, PA
- Identified market trends and evaluated departmental procedures.
- Negotiated contracts for the purchase of materials and services.
- Obtained and evaluated quotations, placed orders, and ensured timely delivery.
- Maintained and updated purchase orders database.
- Evaluated and determined additional sources of supply.
Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Mgt., Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, CA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated