2530 Concord Street
Matthews, NC 28105
Job Objective Professional Therapeutic Recreation Specialist in search of a highly established firm that will allow me to further boost my career in this field.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Certified Recreation Therapist with huge experience in recreation administration
- Thorough knowledge of therapeutic practices in patient care and management
- Outstanding knowledge of procedures for documentation and treatment planning
- Ability to plan and implement recreation therapy activities
- Remarkable ability to deal effectively with juveniles from diverse ethnic and sociological backgrounds
- Uncommon ability to observe and understand adolescent behavior
- Amazing ability to effectively diffuse potentially explosive confrontations between adolescents
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, May 2006 – Present
The Kennedy Center, Inc., Matthews, NC
- Organized, planned and implemented recreation and therapeutic activities.
- Provided direct supervision to all consumers participating in the recreation and therapeutic programs.
- Coordinated, prepared and disseminated monthly consumer activities calendar.
- Implemented Individual Program Plans, consumer progress notes and Overall Plan of Service.
- Maintained accurate consumer records and files with reports as to consumer progress.
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
Reliance House, Inc., Matthews, NC
- Adapted activities to enable individuals with disabilities to participate.
- Overseen maintenance of charts and documents of goal related activities.
- Compiled statistical data relevant to attendance and participation of members.
- Implemented program policies and procedures.
- Provided conditions that maximized safety for co-workers and program participants.
Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Henderson State University, Arkadelphia, AR
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated