2010 Caldwell Road
Rochester, NY 14608
Job Objective Seeking a position as Hardware Support in a reputed organization where I can utilize my knowledge and experience.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Profound knowledge of hardware and peripheral equipment installation and functionality
- Proficient in the field of installing wintel servers, routers, switches and cabinets
- Operational knowledge of Linux, Unix, Active Directory, Microsoft Sharepoint and Windows server NT (2000 & 2003)
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, LDAP, RIS, Compaq/HP and Dell server hardware
- Exceptional ability in analytical installation of copper, fiber and power pathways on the raised floor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Hardware Support, August 2005 – Present
Dell Perot Systems, Rochester, NY
- Installed, reconfigured, staged, tested and removed critical hardware components and associated cables for voice, data and wintel communications projects, including large construction and major remodels.
- Monitored performance and resolved problems with appropriate internal and external parties to mitigate the risk for future break and fix installations and functionality.
- Collaborated with planning to engineer the best cable pathways in regards to rack mounted devices on the raised floor.
- Staged and audited all implementation work in regards to device placement on the raised floor.
- Carried out all work loads as it related to the hardware support specialists in conjunction with best practice standard operating procedures.
Hardware Support, May 2000 – July 2005
Perot Systems, Rochester, NY
- Participated in the design of hardware systems that optimize run-time performance, memory requirements, reusability, extendibility, reliability, and safety.
- Maximized the reuse of existing internal and external hardware components in order to shorten the product development cycle.
- Ensured reviews are held as required and resolve system design issues.
- Prepared product functional and hardware requirements specifications.
- Participated in the execution of the test plan and resolution of test issues.
- Actively worked with test engineers to determine level and type of functional testing needed.
- Ensured participation of the development team in the review of test requirement documentation as well as product documentation.
Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Walden University, Minnesota, MN