ART TEACHER RESUME
|175Avondale Drive Apt 18, Branson, MO65616|
T: (417) 337-0095
|SUMMARY||Creative and energetic art teacher candidate is seeking long-term employment opportunities. Highly resourceful and inventive in instruction methods. Patient and attentive, capable of explaining lessons to students of all skill levels. Familiar with both contemporary and traditional art styles. Excellent communication skills.|
|EDUCATION||The Art Institute of Kansas City, 2010 – 2014|
Bachelor of Arts in Digital Photography
Liberty High School, 2006 – 2010
High School Diploma
|RELEVANT SKILLS||Still life drawingOil paintingPrintmakingDigital photographyAdobe Creative Suite|
|VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE||Saint Louis County Parks, 2013-2014|
Art Camp Counselor
Planned and organized activities for art classes at a summer day camp for children between the ages of four and fifteen. Instructed children in basic fine art techniques including drawing, painting, and sculpture. One unit of lessons particularly focused on Native American styles and themes.
|REFERENCES||Available upon request|
Mid-Level Professional Resume
A mid-level professional is someone who has worked for at least three years in the field. He or she is considered a more viable candidate has he or she has a proven track record of experience as well as a list of references to contact. In the art teacher resume sample below, Ms. Russell pays particularly close attention to the professional skills she has developed during each of her previous jobs.
|23Wilfred Street | West Orange, NJ07052 | Home: (555)-555-5555 | Email: [email]|
Four years of experience revealing the wonders of art to young people
- Guidance: Instruct students in diverse art mediums, both classic and digital, in order to allow them to express themselves in a multitude of different ways.
- Foster creative thinking: Craft a classroom environment that nurtures out-of-the-box thinking and independent exploration.
- Team member: Function as a fully engaged member of the school community, participating in staff duties and activities, consistently work to uphold school policies and procedures.
- Fine Arts: Drawing, oil painting, clay sculpting, printmaking
- Digital Arts: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), photography
|ADVANCE TALENT SOLUTIONS – Newark, NJ|
Art Teacher, 2012 to Present
|Instruct students grade K – 5 in basic techniques while striving in foster creative thinking and a love for art.|
- Develop curriculum: Design a Visual Arts annual lesson plan for 6 grade levels that contains a wide array of art styles and themes in addition to meeting state wide standards.
- Instill: Implement the visual arts lessons in such a way as to instill the students with feeling of joy and inspiration when working on new creative pieces.
- Collaboration: Work with other staff members to ensure the school is a safe and nurturing place for young people, maintain school rules as well as federal laws.
|AVENUES: THE WORLD SCHOOL – New York City, NY|
Visual Arts Teacher, 2011 to 2012
|Taught fine art, especially painting and drawing, to students in grades 9 through 12.|
- Instruction: Taught students in fine art skills such as still life drawing, oil and acrylic painting techniques, contemporary styles, printmaking, mold-making, and woodworking.
- Experimentation: Allowed students to find their own path within the medium after conveying the basic techniques.
- Presentation: Students presented their finished pieces to their peers at the end of each unit in class wide critiques and to the community at the end of each semester in semiannual art fairs.
|PRATT INSTITUTE – New York City, NY|
Bachelor of Fine Arts, 2011
|Completed full undergraduate course load with an A grade average.|
|SUMMIT HIGH SCHOOL – Summit, NJ|
High School Diploma, 2007
|Completed full high school course load with a B- grade average.|
Experienced Professional Resume
An experienced professional is someone who has worked for seven or more years in the field. At this point, it would appear he or she intends to make a career out of this line of employment which should be apparent in the art teacher resume. In the art teacher resume sample below, Mr. Taylor discusses the responsibilities he had during his decade long career and chooses to emphasize the relevant experience he has gained.
9939 FredricksburgRoad | San Antonia, TX78240 | H: (210) 556-2293 | C: (678) 205-0189
|Creative and inspiring art teacher candidate seeks new employment opportunities. Firm understanding of effective instructional techniques. Familiar with conducting lessons that voice multicultural perspectives. Frequently introduces technology to augment the lesson. Works well with administration and other staff members. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Relevant skills include:|
|Fine arts / Digital arts / Basic Spanish|
Classroom management / Patience and understanding
|St. Mary’s Hall – 3-D and AP Art Teacher, San Antonio, TX||2009-Present|
|The SAE School – Visual Arts Teacher, Mableton, GA||2005-2009|
|Glenn Hills High School – Art Teacher, Augusta, GA||2004-2005|
|University of Georgia – Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design||2000 – 2004|
|Forest Park High School – High School Diploma||1996 – 2000|