2113 Meadowview Drive
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
Job Objective To obtain a First Grade Teacher position with a campus that challenges me and allows for career development.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Proficient with the content, curriculum, methods and materials of First Grade
- Deep knowledge of child growth and development
- Working knowledge of studies related to assignments and public school mission
- Amazing ability to apply current research and theory to instructional programs
- Outstanding ability to turn best practices into high quality, goal-driven results
- Excellent skills in data management and organizational tools
- Excellent writing, oral and interpersonal skills to communicate with a varied audience
First Grade Teacher, August 2005 – Present
Waconia High School, Fredericksburg, VA
- Utilized the state standards to create rigorous, objective-driven, arts-infused lessons.
- Identified what thinking skills could be explicitly taught and practiced in each lesson.
- Managed to differentiate individual students based on their unique learning skills.
- Ensured that all the students are engaged through activities and technology.
- Introduced learning objectives to activate students’ prior knowledge.
- Presented academic content through a variety of instructional strategies.
First Grade Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Capitol Hill Day School, Fredericksburg, VA
- Planned and delivered instruction in adherence to the specific teaching assignments.
- Worked collaboratively with all stakeholders providing a World-Class Education.
- Implemented the instructional program, providing appropriate learning experience.
- Assessed student abilities as related to desired educational goals and objectives.
- Managed the behavior of learners in an instructional setting.
- Ensured that the available environment is conducive to the learning process.
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Santa Barbara City College, Santa Barbara, CA
43536 Harbor St
Guntersville, AL 35976
Objective Looking for a position of a First Grade Teacher in a reputed school.
Areas of Expertise:
- Solid knowledge in appropriate classroom management techniques.
- Wide experience on school development programs and activities.
- Extended ability to interact with children in a pleasing and pleasant manner.
- Strong relationships with students, parents and fellow teachers.
- Immense ability to use clear communication techniques and to create a happy, caring and stimulating learning environment.
First Grade Teacher, 2007 – Present
Whitney High School, Cerritos, CA
- Established and maintained standards of student’s behavior within and outside the classroom.
- Taught reading and writing skills to students.
- Delivered weekly newsletters to encourage open communication with parents.
- Introduced mathematical and science concepts.
- Facilitated classroom activities and motivated the students.
M.S in Child Education, 2007
B.S in Communication Arts, 2005
Notre Dame, University