501 Sugar Camp Road
Owatonna, MN 55060
Job Objective Seeking a Guidance Counselor career with a school in which my teaching skills can continue to grow while I am also helping the future of the school.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in developing students’ academic, career and personal/social skills, goals, and plans
- Operational knowledge of collaborating with parents, teachers and administrators
- Exceptional knowledge of providing individual and group counseling
- Outstanding ability to interact positively with students and other staff members
- Remarkable ability to work cooperatively with other staff and community
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Guidance Counselor, August 2005 – Present
Benton Harbor Area School, Owatonna, MN
- Planned and developed program and curriculum relative to students’ needs.
- Developed positive ways of dealing with students; individuals and groups.
- Organized programs and activities supporting career activities and opportunities.
- Worked closely with other counselors and teachers to direct services to all students.
- Assisted staff and parents with students’ academic/career planning (EDP).
- Supported the students in identifying, planning, and attaining individual goals; consistent to their aptitudes, needs abilities, and interests.
Guidance Counselor, May 2000 – July 2005
Westfield Public School, Owatonna, MN
- Assisted the students in course and subject selection; consistent to their interests.
- Managed to interpret each of the individual to identify their abilities and interests.
- Managed to discover and develop special abilities of students and resolve students’ education handicaps.
- Maintained standardized test scores and other pertinent data.
- Developed educational and occupational plans in terms of evaluation.
- Maintained student records and protected their confidentiality.
Bachelor’s Degree in Guidance and Counseling, Union County College, Cranford, NJ
Master’s Degree in Guidance and Counseling, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated