1279 Worley Avenue
Rustburg, VA 24588
Job Objective Experienced Industrial Arts Teacher looking for a rewarding position within my area of knowledge.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Admirable experience in teaching industrial arts
- Thorough knowledge of the subject matter and current educational practices
- Exceptional knowledge of computers and audio-visual teaching aids
- Immense ability to read, analyze and interpret common print materials
- Remarkable ability to write routine reports and correspondences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong human relation and class room management skills
Industrial Arts Teacher, August 2005 – Present
Eaton Rapids Public School, Rustburg, VA
- Prepared lesson plans for courses keeping in view of the established goals.
- Instructed on basic techniques of industrial arts.
- Assisted the students in development of manipulative skills in industrial arts.
- Illustrated and demonstrated the uses of hand tools; machines, drill etc.
- Ensured that all safety practices and precautions are taken in the laboratories.
- Communicated with parents and counselors to resolve all behavioral and academic issues of the students.
Industrial Arts Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Anne Arundel County Public School, Rustburg, VA
- Exhibited evidence of planning and preparation of material to facilitate instruction.
- Utilized varied instructional strategies and activities.
- Encouraged the students to attain high standards of performance.
- Organized time, space, materials, and equipment for effective instruction.
- Created a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Monitored, assessed, and provided appropriate feedback of student performance and progress.
Associate Degree in Industrial Technology, Quinebaug Valley Community College, Danielson, CT
419 S Harbaugh St
Newton, KS 67114
Objective To obtain a position as an Industrial Arts Teacher where I can maximize my training experience, program development skills and my teaching abilities
Areas of Expertise:
- Proficient at woodworking, metalworking, electricity, graphic arts, automobile repair and drafting.
- Solid knowledge of subject matter and current educational practices.
- In depth ability to teach by using of hand tools machines, such as lathe, planer, power saws and drill press.
- Excellent oral, written communication and human relationship skills.
- Wide knowledge in manufacturing, power, energy and graphic communication skills.
Industrial Arts Teacher, 2007 – Present
Lowell High School, San Francisco, CA
- Developed lesson plans for courses and established goals.
- Discussed with parents to resolve behavioral and academic problems.
- Taught students about measuring instruments, micrometer and industrial arts techniques.
- Monitored and provided appropriate feedback of student performance and progress.
- Taught proper use of shop tools, machines and theory as applied to industrial arts.
M.S in Industrial Arts Education, 2007
B.S in Industrial Arts Education, 2005
Carnegie Mellon University