814 Hardman Road
Woodsville, VT 3785
Job Objective To obtain a Special ED Teacher position within a school that allows me to grow along with the school.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience as a special education teacher
- Exceptional knowledge of students with social, emotional and learning disabilities
- Solid knowledge of coordinating and conducting IEP meetings
- Remarkable ability to teach in a self-contained and established classroom facility
- Immense ability to handle confidential matters and information
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent intrapersonal and child management skills
Special ED Teacher, August 2005 â€“ Present
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Woodsville, VT
- Implemented lesson plans in accordance with students IEPâ€™s.
- Provided daily instruction and supervision in cooperation with paraprofessionals.
- Coordinated with ACT office and administrative staff, utilizing effective strategies for the academic and behavioral success of the students.
- Maintained positive communication in a professional demeanor.
- Communicated on a regular basis with ACT Office and student with regard to the progress and concerns of the students.
- Ensured to maintain all documentation related to student performance and growth.
Special ED Teacher, May 2000 â€“ July 2005
Irvington Public Schools, Woodsville, VT
- Evaluated, modified and implement IEPâ€™s in cooperation with the ACT office.
- Coordinated with LEA as prescribed by the Annual Team Meeting (ATM).
- Supported the school mission and goals in a positive and professional manner.
- Participated in and contributed to in-services in a professional and collegial manner.
- Provided support and leadership for all curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Ensured to maintain communication with clinical department regarding all issues.
Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Special Education, Saint Anselm College, Manchester, NH