3015 Brown Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Objective To seek employment as a Teacher for the Mentally Impaired in a school that allows me to work to the best of my ability.
- Hands-on experience working with special needs of mentally impaired students
- Exceptional knowledge of human behavior and performance
- Deep knowledge of the mental processes and psychological research methods
- Outstanding ability to work with emotionally, and mentally impaired students
- Remarkable ability to maintain composure under stressful conditions
- Excellent human relations skills
- Strong communication skills
Teacher for the Mentally Impaired, August 2005 – Present
Bozeman Public Schools, Walnut Creek, CA
- Employed behavior modification and positive reinforcement techniques.
- Instructed students utilizing special educational strategies and techniques.
- Managed to improve sensory-motor and perceptual-motor development, memory, language, and cognition.
- Utilized techniques like phonetics, multisensory repetition etc to reinforce learning.
- Educated the students on living skills required for independent maintenance.
- Planned curriculum and instructional materials to meet the special needs.
Teacher for the Mentally Impaired, May 2000 – July 2005
Mounds View Public Schools, Walnut Creek, CA
- Instructed and supported students in classrooms and other learning sites.
- Assisted the student in developing self-advocacy skills.
- Monitored, evaluated and recorded classroom behaviors.
- Ensured orderly conduct of the students during lunch, in hallways and on field trips.
- Reviewed evaluation sheets and prepared memos and letters for staff and parents.
- Administered and interpreted results of ability and achievement tests.
Bachelor’s Degree in Phychology, Lee University, Cleveland, TN