812 Robinson Switch Rd
Santa Monica, CA, 90405
Objective Secure a challenging position as a Fish And Wildlife Technician in a growing organization.
Summary of Skills:
- Outstanding ability to identify Pacific salmon species
- Profound knowledge of salmon life history
- Sound Knowledge of DNA extraction and LOKI methods
- Ability to work efficiently and compatibly on a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft access)
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Fish And Wildlife Technician, August 2005 to till date
US Fish & Wildlife Service, Santa Monica, CA
Extracted DNA from tissue samples with DNA extraction methods.
Instructed and directed lower level laboratory technicians and interns on laboratory protocols, field kits handling, DNA extraction and data entry into LOKI.
Independently monitored the inventory of lab supplies, formed purchase Requests, obtained quotes and purchased supplies from multiple vendors.
Recorded in details all received and outgoing DNA samples.
Kept accurate records of sampling location and other biological data in order to follow and complete trip reporting protocols.
Fish and Wildlife Technician, May 2000 to July 2005
Department of Workforce Services, Santa Monica, CA
Installed and removed fish protection screens.
Performed preventative maintenance to fish protection screens, project equipment and vehicles.
Made used arc welders and cutting torches to construct and repair fish screens and project equipment.
Utilized all types of power and hand tools to construct and maintain project equipment and structures.
Inspected leased riparian areas for trespass cattle and maintenance needs.
Maintained inventory of equipment, tools, parts and supplies.
Coordinated with landowners to install and remove fish screens as required by seasonal usage.
Associate Degree in Zoology, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated