350 Prestwick Ave
Westerly, RI 02891
Objective A Welding Technician position.
Summary of Skills:
- Operational knowledge of various welding equipment
- In-depth knowledge of set-up techniques and welding characteristics
- Good knowledge of fusion welding, plasma cutting and acetylene welding processes
- Familiarity with automated welding systems, welding and joining processes
- Proficiency with weld processing, grinding, material removal operations
- Ability to read blueprint instructions and follow written and verbal instructions easily
Aquafine Corporation, Westerly, RI
August 2005 to till date
Performed welding work within established methods and procedures.
Conducted fusion welding, plasma cutting and electric-arc.
Ensured that records, blueprints and applicable tools, and repairs were according to quality standards.
Supervised welding processes, procedures and work areas.
Maintained equipment and surroundings neat, clean and organized.
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc., Westerly, RI
May 2000 to July 2005
Ensured quality repairs on structural welding defects.
Provided on-the-job training to new welders.
Checked welds and conducted tests to ensure safety.
Documented issues related to weld defects.
Liaised with welding and other production departments.
Associate Degree in Welding Technology
Hawaii Community College, Hilo, HI