In crafting a CV of a Game Tester, present first the skills that will give the employer the impression that you indeed have what it takes to be competent for the job. Game testers need to be highly analytic since the duties mainly revolve on finding glitches in all aspects of a game. Highlight skills in various software and testing tools (Jira, Devtrack, in-house tools etc.). Experience as a previous game tester is not necessary but a great advantage. You should also present all your professional experience in reverse chronological order. A Game Tester CV should be a summary of what you can offer the company, just like the one presented below.
|210-5608 Elit, St., Dumbarton, Dunbartonshire, I53 9LP|
|Tel: – 01918 743238|
Date of Birth: – 26/10/90
Nationality: – British
|My primary objective as a game tester is to bring success to the company by finding issues with their products as accurately and as early as possible so that prompt intervention could be done. Having been a game tester for two years, I have enhanced my abilities in game testing and developed extensive strategies to find certain software and hardware issues. I am committed to work long and unconventional hours to perfect a game and deliver highly accurate and timely reports to the game manufacturers. I am confident that if given the chance to work with a dynamic and competent team, all these things can be achieved.|
- Remarkable experience in performing tests on various games and identifying all glitches
- Substantial knowledge of software development of various gaming activities
- Immense knowledge of various bug logging tools
- Ability to interpret all technical documentation to perform tests
- Ability to design test plans and specifications for individual games
- Solid understanding of performing tests on mobile and tablet platform
|RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE|
|Game Tester|| Testronic Laboratories Limited – London||2012 to Current|
- Developed tests for all individual games and identified any glitches.
- Analyzed production released plan and installed scripts and components accordingly.
- Evaluated all software and hardware configurations as per customer production requirements.
- Designed test procedures for new components in coordination with various parties.
- Prepared detailed reports and implemented tests as per enterprise tester.
- Performed various tests as per the required client standards and format holders
|Game Tester||Rockstar Games – Lincoln||2011 to 2012|
- Assisted to run various test scripts on the game to find any bugs in it.
- Administered everyday test operations and ensured compliance to all release standards.
- Monitored bug lifecycle and if required developed timely bugs.
- Maintained and recommended improvements on all tests and identified them in the development stage itself.
- Provided feedback on all critical issues and administered project lifecycle.
- Collaborated with Microsoft testing functions and recommended improvements to games.
|BSc (Hons) in Computer Science|
Thames Valley University – Ealing
2008 to 2011
|A Levels in Computing, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language|
Regent College – Leicester
2006 to 2008
|GCSEs: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English Language|
St Thomas More Catholic Comprehensive School – Eltham
2001 to 2006
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2018Create Date
- March 1, 2018Last Updated