674 Eva Pearl Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Job Objective To use my training and experience as a Combination Welder and serve the company to the best of my abilities.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Wide experience in welding different types of pipes
- Huge knowledge of MIG, TIG, Arc, Aluminum, Carbon, and Stainless welding procedures
- Solid understanding of several welding techniques
- Familiarity with physical properties and qualities of various metals
- Skilled in operation of power tools and hand tools
- Amazing ability to weld in 2G, 4G and 6G conditions
- Immense ability to interpret blueprints, engineering drawings and technical manuals
- Outstanding ability to assist in pipe installation and repairs
- Ability to successfully pass a weld test
InDyne, Inc., Baton Rouge, LA
August 2007 â€“ Present
- Utilized hand, electric and gas welding equipment safely.
- Performed preheating of work pieces using torch.
- Adjusted flow of gas to metal piece to reach expected temperature and size.
- Inspected welded pieces for any defects.
- Measured work pieces using straightedge or template.
- Removed rough surfaces from welded components.
- Assisted crane operator in lifting and moving heavy assemblies.
- Performed cutting, straightening, dissolving and developing metals using electrodes.
VSE Corporation, Baton Rouge, LA
May 2004 â€“ July 2007
- Assisted in installation of various types of industrial pipes.
- Performed welding in flat, vertical and overhead positions.
- Fabricated fixtures to carry out welding processes.
- Operated gas shielded arc, submerged arc and arc gas welding equipment effectively.
- Notified Supervisor about any unsafe conditions.
- Followed company safety policies at all times.
Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Welding
Valley City State University, Valley City, ND