Film Production Accountant Resume Example
Here is the Film Production Accountant Resume example:
979 SW 39th St
Tarzana, CA 91335
Job Objective To obtain a Film Production Accountant position and utilize my experience and skills for the successful completion of each job task.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Proficient in using Entertainment Partners budgeting software, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Access, and data manipulation
- Strong understanding of financial reporting, margin analysis and overhead allocations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Familiarity with QuickBooks, Movie Magic, EP Scheduling & Budgeting, Microsoft Office suite, Skype
- Sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Strong ability to reconcile accounts, records, reports and journals
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
Film Production Accountant, August 2005 – Present
NYC Production Company, Tarzana, CA
- Assisted in preparation and filing of company tax returns and generated crew deal memos and location agreements.
- Liaised with internal & external auditors, contractors, company employees and freelance production crew to maintain production package insurance.
- Administered budget planning, analysis, and reporting.
- Maintained general ledger accounting for ‘for-profit’ and ‘not-for-profit’.
- Performed standard accounts payable and accounts receivable duties.
- Generated standard monthly financial and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Provided on-the-spot status responses on company accounts payable issues and processed company petty cash receipts for cost accounting.
Film Production Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Fox Entertainment Group, Tarzana, CA
- Assisted the Producer to prepare project budgets and cost estimates; and prepared status reports, cost analyses and related reports.
- Prepared, updated and maintained budget schedules and responded to inquiries.
- Prepared variance analysis reports and liaised with the Finance department to update the status of the production.
- Reviewed POs and invoices for accuracy and ensured follow up with clients for receipt of payment.
- Managed to track labor costs and utilization and updated project forecasting and estimates to complete.
- Provided weekly updated cost ledger and generated periodic reports.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2021Create Date
- March 1, 2021Last Updated