General Accountant Resume
Here is the General Accountant Resume example:
1464 Cajah Mountain Rd
Radford, VA 24141
Job Objective Seeking a General Accountant position that offers an immediate challenge, career opportunity, and advancement.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Solid knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices
- In depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ability to communicate, organize and work well with others
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to maintain accurate data to identify and solve problems
- Excellent attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Access, and data manipulation
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, & multi-tasking
General Accountant, August 2005 – Present
TranSystems, Radford, VA
- Administered reconciliation and journal entries.
- Investigated and resolved outstanding issues.
- Implemented accounting standards.
- Identified potential opportunities through cost analysis.
- Advised on resource operations, tax policies, accounting procedures and budget forecasts.
- Prepared data, analyses, and variance explanations and coordinated with the sales and marketing departments with required reporting.
General Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
The Winter, Wyman Companies, Radford, VA
- Computed and prepared journal entries.
- Monitored general ledger to ensure integrity of data.
- Generated month end reports in coordination with staff.
- Managed to reconcile Accounts Receivable, deferred revenue, and balanced cash and reserves.
- Reviewed monthly inventory reports and calculated usage costs tracking purchases.
- Prepared financial statements for subsidiaries in coordination with external auditors.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, University of Tampa, Tampa, FL