General Ledger Accountant Resume Example
Here is the General Ledger Accountant Resume example:
3949 W Waveland Ave
Wheeling, IL 60090
Job Objective To obtain a General Ledger Accountant position where my administrative experience, inspiration and a dedication to excellence will be utilized.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- In Depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting practices
- Excellent ability to be flexible and perform Invoicing and Treasury functions
- Ability to communicate, organize and work well with others
- Ability to assess and recommend improvements for processes and procedures
- Detail oriented and capable of multi-tasking
- Proficient with word processing, databases, and spreadsheets
- Ability to follow specific instructions and guidelines
- Remarkable ability to review and verify accuracy of data
- Trustworthy individual with strong ethics and integrity
- Strong Analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Good telephone and e-mail etiquette
General Ledger Accountant, August 2005 – Present
Sentry Data Systems, Inc, Wheeling, IL
- Reviewed and approved subsidiary Account reconciliations and prepared complex accounting journal entries.
- Ensured to prepare, review and post monthly accounting entries to General ledger.
- Reconciled balance sheet accounts to supporting detail.
- Managed to meet requirements of monthly and annual closing cycles.
- Reviewed Accounts Payable vouchers.
General Ledger Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Day & Zimmermann, Wheeling, IL
- Acted as a liaison between Finance and other departments; prepared reconciliations.
- Investigated issues and managed solutions and assisted with maintaining the billing databases.
- Provided support for internal and external audits.
- Assisted the management with research and analysis of operating results.
- Endorsed new business enterprises and provided assistance to develop and implement procedures and systems.
- Assisted in monitoring cost, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenue and expense.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, University of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD