1842 E Mountain Sky Ave
Job Objective Seeking a Mutual Fund Accountant position in management support where achieved accounting skills will be developed.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant with experience working in the investment management industry
- Strong knowledge of mutual fund accounting, equity markets and equity trading
- Thorough understanding of the Fund’s investment objectives and industry guidelines
- Strong analytical problem solving and organization skills
- Ability to successfully manage and complete multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work accurately and maintain composure under pressure while meeting strict deadlines
- Working knowledge of PC Applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Good interpersonal, communication, analytical, reconciliation and teamwork skills
- Trustworthy individual with strong ethics and integrity
Mutual Fund Accountant, August 2005 – Present
Accountemps, Blackwood, NJ
- Ensured to update and monitor the daily trading, general ledger activity and pricing of funds.
- Prepared and re-conciliated daily trial balances for assigned funds.
- Reconciled fund records to custodian, transfer agent and portfolio groups.
- Prepared daily and monthly reconciliations.
- Coordinated and assisted the auditor for periodic reports.
- Assisted with coverage of other funds and projects as needed.
Mutual Fund Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Legg Mason, Blackwood, NJ
- Prepared and recorded the monthly and quarterly Mutual Fund revenue and expense journal entries.
- Prepared monthly balance sheet and account reconciliations.
- Processed and allocated mutual fund bill payments.
- Prepared and analyzed accounting records and financial reports, and ensured accuracy and completeness.
- Computed taxes owed and prepared tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Analyzed business trends, costs, revenues, and financial commitments to plan future revenues and expenses.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Bentley University, Waltham, MA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated