Payroll Accountant Resume Example
Here is the Payroll Accountant Resume example:
9470 Peace Way, Unit 211
Colton, CA 92324
Job Objective To secure the position of Payroll Accountant that will allow me to utilize acquired skills and experience.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Certified Payroll Accountant with accomplished experience in Payroll Accounting
- In-depth knowledge of payroll law, employment taxes, and employee benefits
- Strong knowledge of federal, local and multi state payroll tax laws
- Proficient in Deltek GCS Premier, Deltek Time and ADP
- Good understanding of taxing authorities and government regulations
- Amazing ability to maintain confidentiality at all levels
- Strong ability to create accounting reports accurately
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
Payroll Accountant, August 2005 – Present
GovCon Associates LLC, Colton, CA
- Maintained accuracy in payroll accounts and documents.
- Ensured accounts comply with federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations and county personnel rules.
- Reconciled benefit plan billings & preparing check requests.
- Ensured effective controls are in place for accurate calculation and timely disbursement of payroll, related taxes and deductions, and filing of required reports.
- Examined and verified revenues from all employers, employee and retiree sources; reconciled book balances with bank balances.
Payroll Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Lancaster, Colton, CA
- Ensured that payroll tax deposits are made on a timely basis.
- Recorded and reconciled payroll information in the general ledger.
- Accumulated appropriate data to prepare accurate reports.
- Determined payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes.
- Balanced the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Analyzed accounting options and recommended financial actions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Rider University, Lawrenceville, NJ