979 SW 39th St
Tarzana, CA 91335
Job Objective Seeking to obtain a Plant Accountant position with an organization where I can utilize my accounting skills and be an asset to the employer.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Outstanding professional experience in manufacturing and cost accounting
- In depth knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of SAP, Excel, ERP system and Microsoft suite
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Amazing ability to examine and verify financial documents and reports
- Demonstrated ability to lead and guide financial performance
- Remarkable ability to handle challenging issues with diplomacy
- Strong communication and written skills
Plant Accountant, August 2005 – Present
MRINetwork, Tarzana, CA
- Ensured all company financial accounting policies and systems are in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP).
- Assisted in directing the activities of finance and accounting staff in all areas of accounts payable AP, accounts receivable AR, general ledger GL, and related functions.
- Prepared quarterly and annual budgets, cash flow, and forecasts to provide financial management of the facility.
- Prepared, identified and implemented cost reduction opportunities to drive continuous improvement of plant performance.
Plant Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Saputo Cheese USA Inc, Tarzana, CA
- Ensured inputs and outputs of inventory are accurate and timely, including the audit of weekly standard hours earned.
- Reviewed standard product routings and bill of materials for accuracy.
- Reviewed and analyzed product margins and spending variances.
- Audited and reconciled Accounts Payable inventory purchase and purchase price variance for weekly general ledger interface.
- Computed journal entries for cost of sales, labor, overhead, and inter-plant transfers.
- Prepared supplemental info as requested by the finance manager and plant manager.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, University of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated