Voucher Examiner Resume
Here is the Voucher Examiner Resume example:
1301 Driftwood Road
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Job Objective Experienced Voucher Examiner seeking position with well-established business where my skills, training and experience can be of value.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Profound knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Ability to use standard financial software applications
- Ability to work independently and interpret and apply regular requirements
- Ability to identify potentially fraudulent claims and report them to the appropriate personnel
- Ability to effectively write letters, reports, procedures
- Proficient with computers, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent and effective communication skills
Voucher Examiner, August 2005 – Present
Veterans Affairs, Santa Clara, CA
- Processed a wide variety of travel payments.
- Ensured that all required documentation is presented prior to payment.
- Determined appropriate method of payment on complex issues.
- Verified fiscal code on disbursement documents to ascertain payments are accurately recorded.
- Maintained required supporting documents and official money papers for all processed payments.
- Prepared and distributed tax documents to vendors and appropriate agencies.
- Assisted with the orderly updates and conversion of system change that affect payment processing.
Voucher Examiner, May 2000 – July 2005
Indian Health Service, Santa Clara, CA
- Prepared disbursement (payment) vouchers for approved expenditures ensuring authorized signatories.
- Analyzed the status of outstanding payments and entered data in advance tracker to be updated immediately following relevant transaction.
- Reviewed, audited and processed payments to project vendors, consultants, subcontractors and other suppliers of goods and services.
- Maintained and updated accounting and financial documents, including reproduction and filing.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance, Columbia Basin College, Pasco, WA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated