Desktop Support Technician Resume
Here is the Desktop Support Technician Resume example:
1213 Columbia Road 61
Charlottesville, VA, 22901
Objective Secure a challenging position as a Desktop Support Technician in a growing organization.
Summary of Skills:
- Sound knowledge of operating systems ( Windows versions, MAC, Linux)
- Able to set up local and WAN networks as per the need of the particular group of users
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft access)
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to non-technical users
Desktop Support Technician, August 2005 to till date
World IT Solutions, Charlottesville, VA
- Provided technical assistance on WAN via face-to-face and telephone contact on both computer and Macintosh systems.
- Provided advanced technological assistance to attend incoming calls by using IT Helpdesk handset or remote desktop assistance.
- Configured, formatted and maintained PC desktops, laptops, local printers, peripheral devices, and associated software.
- Resolved technically oriented user problems.
- Liaised with appropriate users and IT staff regarding resolutions.
- Performed product hardware, software and services evaluations and repaired and replaced hardware and software.
Desktop Support Technician, May 2000 to July 2005
MissionStaff, Charlottesville, VA
- Installed, examined and troubleshot computer hardware and updated software.
- Performed hardware and software maintenance duties and other activities.
- Utilized call tracking system to update, track and shut helpdesk calls.
- Provided basic application and software guidance to the customers.
- Configured, installed and maintained network printers.
- Setup print server and ensured connectivity with end-users.
- Resolved hardware failures and configured printer settings.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2021Create Date
- March 1, 2021Last Updated