Horticulturist Resume Example
Here is the Horticulturist Resume example:
4454 Pinnickinick Street
Portland, WA 97218
Job Objective Seeking a Horticulturist position in a company where my skills and knowledge can be used and enhanced to the fullest.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in cultivation, propagation and care of plants in a botanical garden setting
- Strong knowledge of the practices and principles of horticulture
- Solid understanding of maintaining plants in the aesthetic and cultural style
- Familiarity with the establishment and maintenance of natural community based gardens
- Thorough knowledge of organic and natural pesticide and fungicide control
- Deep knowledge of propagating and pruning operations and horticultural equipment
- Ability to research collection acquisitions and their horticultural requirements
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Association of Zoos & Aquariums, Portland, WA
August 2005 – Present
- Assisted Curator to develop horticulture program for the Aquarium.
- Overseen the daily care and aesthetics of all plant displays including all aspects of plant culture, rotation of plant material, management of animal interaction with plant material, etc.
- Established and cultivated relationships with local and regional plant resources.
- Acquired and propagated all Aquarium plant material.
- Managed off-site nursery facilities.
- Trained and supervised horticulture volunteers at the Aquarium and nursery.
Milwaukee County, Portland, WA
May 2000 – July 2005
- Prepared soil mixtures.
- Labeled, mapped and inventory various plant collections.
- Maintained floral arrangements and displays.
- Assisted in floral shows.
- Maintained all horticultural equipment.
- Enforced parks rules and policies and reported any violations to supervisor.
Associate Degree in Horticulture
Metropolitan Community College, Omaha, NE
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2022Create Date
- March 1, 2022Last Updated