Bird Keeper Resume
Here is the Bird Keeper Resume example:
3427 Coffman Alley
Paducah, KY 42001
Job Objective To use my abilities and training as a Bird Keeper to help growing company meet or exceed overall goals while also enhancing my career.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in feeding and taking care of captive birds of the facility
- Profound knowledge of different species of birds and their food diets
- Outstanding knowledge of artificial incubation and hand rearing procedures
- Familiarity with cleaning and maintenance of bird exhibits and holding areas
- Ability to capture, handle, and control various birds, in an effective and safe manner
- Ability to communicate with coworkers, volunteers, and interns, in a cordial manner
Dickerson Park Zoo – Springfield, MO
August 2012 – Present
- Prepared and fed proper food to birds, and dispensed correct medications to them, as required.
- Cleaned, tidied, and sanitized all bird cages and exhibits, in a proper manner.
- Identified all ill and injured birds, and notified about them to the supervisor, in a timely manner
- Held birds during veterinary procedures and assisted with capturing birds, when needed.
- Detected and removed dead birds from bird enclosures, in an efficient manner.
- Created and maintained correct and current records related to birds and work performed.
Zoo Miami – Miami, FL
May 2009 – July 2012
- Set up, repaired, and maintained various bird enclosures, exhibits, and props.
- Monitored and provided care for eggs, neonates and young birds, efficiently.
- Responded to bird-related emergencies and assisted in delivery of veterinary care.
- Caught, handled, and carried all birds in accordance with agency policies and practices.
- Developed and maintained strong professional relationships with all agency employees and contractors.
- Created and maintained all bird-specific records and reports, accurately and on time.
Associate Degree in Life Science
Fond du Lac Tribal & Community College, Cloquet, MN
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated