Animal Shelter Volunteer Coordinator Resume
Here is the Animal Shelter Volunteer Coordinator Resume example:
3814 Hillcrest Drive
Kent, WA 98032
Job Objective To obtain an Animal Shelter Volunteer Coordinator position in a company that will allow me to grow with the company.
Animal Shelter Volunteer Coordinator, May 2004 – Present
Spherion, Kent, WA
- Supplied food, water and personal care to detained animals.
- Monitored and observed animals for signs of illness or injury and reported symptoms to supervisor.
- Assisted the public in claiming lost animals and selecting pets for adoption.
- Collected and recorded fees, such as license, impound board and adoption.
- Assisted with the preparation of the departmental budget.
- Organized, coordinated and managed the recruitment of volunteers for the Animal Shelter and related events.
Animal Shelter Volunteer Coordinator, March 2002 – April 2004
Northside Hospital, Kent, WA
- Interacted with prospective pet owners and helped them fill out adoption forms and advised about pet care.
- Maintained building and grounds areas at the shelter.
- Provided information to callers according to departmental procedures.
- Scheduled staff and ensured shelter and events are properly staffed.
- Developed a training program for volunteers.
- Maintained and updated records on all volunteers.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Strong accomplished experience in veterinary care
- Good knowledge of safety precautions necessary to work safely with and around stray and uncontrollable animals
- In-depth knowledge of animal husbandry, history and behavior as well as care
- Excellent knowledge of the symptoms and behavior associated with animals
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office suite
- Amazing ability to quickly analyze, retain composure in stressful and emergency situations
- Remarkable ability to learn and to maneuver devices utilized in capturing animals
- Exceptional ability to work independently, safely and meet deadlines
Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Studies, Houghton College, New York, NY
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2021Create Date
- March 1, 2021Last Updated