Booking Clerk Resume
Here is the Booking Clerk Resume example:
812 Robinson Switch Rd
Edwardsville, IL, 62025
Job Objective Seeking a Booking Clerk position that offers an immediate challenge, career opportunity, and advancement.
Booking Clerk, May 2004 – Present
SOS Staffing, Edwardsville, IL
- Booked outbound freight shipments and ensured maximum use of available cargo space on company ships.
- Ensured orderly booking sheet and ascertained availability of cargo space.
- Furthered to inform shipper of ship’s name on which cargo is booked, sailing date, and cargo delivery date.
- Familiarized with computing and record charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, and similar items.
- Appraised typing vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records and reconcile bank statements.
- Managed to resolve and simplify scheduled shift in accordance with company policy.
Booking Clerk, March 2002 – April 2004
COASTAL SUPPLY, Edwardsville, IL
- Measured cargo data on booking control sheet, listing tonnage and computed type of cargo, shipper’s name, and cargo destination.
- Obtained cargo data from shipper, such as type, tonnage, destination, and shipping date, in order to determine allocation of cargo and fully utilize capacity of each ship.
- Determined allocation in accordance to type of cargo booked.
- Coordinated with other workers and check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by them.
- Analyzed and computed business transactions like funds received/disbursed, totals etc.
- Audited and classified recorded data to keep financial records complete and updated.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of cargo handling and general understanding of basic accounting
- Ability to perform billing activities accurately
- Able to follow procedures for keeping records
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power point, Internet and data processing
- Excellent ability to verify data input and correct errors
- Ability to work or interpret data independently
- Able to perform clerical work with speed and accuracy
Associate Degree in Finance, Pima Community College, Tucson, AZ
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2021Create Date
- March 1, 2021Last Updated