Computational Biologist Resume Example
Here is the Computational Biologist Resume example:
3238 Andell Road
Worthington, OH 43085
Job Objective Seeking a challenging position as Computational Biologist in an organization that will effectively utilize my experience and offers opportunity for career growth.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience of performing biological data computations and algorithm development
- In-depth knowledge of computational biology and computing environments like SGE and LSF
- Remarkable knowledge of Java, Perl, UNIX/Linux, and SAS statistical software
- Familiarity with microbiology, molecular biology, and cancer genomics
- Ability to create effective SQL queries and relational database schemas
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis on large biological datasets, properly
R&D Systems, Worthington, OH
August 2012 – Present
- Designed and created algorithms and approaches to data analysis of genomic data.
- Determined and utilized effective computational techniques to develop analysis tools.
- Planned and developed proper experiments for the validation of the analysis process.
- Authored internal reports and prepared presentations for publication.
- Obtained, compiled, and interpreted information from various biological data sources.
- Liaised with other computer program scientists and executed computational research activities.
Pfizer Inc, Worthington, OH
May 2009 – July 2012
- Planned and implemented computational strategies for analysis and integration of genomic data.
- Created and utilized analytic and reporting scripts and tools.
- Developed data analysis pipelines and executed complex data analysis.
- Reviewed and revised all existing algorithms to complete computational activities, on time.
- Participated in team meetings and conducted training for technical staff and interns.
- Developed and maintained positive relationships with all clients and other scientists.
Bachelor’s Degree in Bioinformatics
Lasell College, Newton, MA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2022Create Date
- March 1, 2022Last Updated