Child Life Specialist Resume Example
Here is the Child Life Specialist Resume example:
2566 Bridge Avenue
Scott, LA 70583
Job Objective Looking for work within the company in the position of Child Life Specialist. Experienced with behind the scenes managerial duties as well as hands-on work in the industry.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience as a Child Life Specialist in a health care environment
- Skilled in planning and implementing comprehensive Child Life programs
- Extensive knowledge of the concepts and practices of end of life care with children and families
- In-depth knowledge of family dynamics and therapeutics play for children
- Good understanding of basic issues of child development and behavior
- Exceptional ability to interact effectively with children and families
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Child Life Specialist, May 2006 – Present
Children’s Medical Center, Scott, LA
- Maintained a safe environment in the playroom and monitored general health needs.
- Provided appropriate toys and activities for a wide development range of children.
- Supervised volunteers assisting in the playroom.
- Coordinated with the Child Life Specialist and provided specific needs input.
- Guided the community groups visiting the playrooms.
- Determined the needs of individual children.
Child Life Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
Kaiser Permanente, Scott, LA
- Provided appropriate play activities.
- Identified and developed patient needs & care plan goals.
- Participated in multi-disciplinary care conferences.
- Ensured that each child’s program is consistent with regulatory requirements.
- Coordinated with the Child Life Program volunteers.
- Trained & supervised volunteers & students providing voluntary support.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Development, Monroe College, Bronx, NY
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2022Create Date
- March 1, 2022Last Updated