Managing Editor Resume Example
Here is the Managing Editor Resume example:
1087 North Bend River Road
Lexington, KY 40507
Career Objective Searching for Managing Editor position where my skills and special training can be used for the good of the company.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Vast experience in managing online publication
- Deep knowledge of web copywriting and preparing headlines
- Familiarity with web publishing and social media tools and technologies
- Ability to develop ideas and write stories
- Expertise in writing for email products
- Ability to supervise the day-to-day operations of the editorial department
- Ability to develop editorial calendars and press releases
- Ability to implement website editorial strategies
- Wide knowledge of InDesign, CMS (Content Management Systems) and social media
- Work Experience
- Managing Editor, July 2007 – Present
- Observer Media Group, Lexington, KY
- Supervised working of editorial staff, trained subordinates and freelancers in work.
- Coordinated with writers and editors and conceived stories ideas for blogs and other social media.
- Hired and trained team members on best writing practices for online content.
- Assisted production team in carrying a smooth flow of publication.
- Observed editorial processes and recommended changes to improve its efficiency.
- Developed editorial calendar and prepared department budget to be followed.
- Analyzed traffic on websites and its need, developed content according to results.
- Managing Editor, March 2004– June 2007
- North Jersey Media Group, Lexington, KY
- Managed a team of editors and web producers for ensuring smooth flow of work.
- Oversaw entire editorial process from creation of ideas to publishing of stories.
- Participated in weekly editorial meetings.
- Edited copies and prepared schedule for content launch.
- Wrote stories, reviewed and developed content as required.
- Monitored social media sites for organization.
- Coordinated with various teams and developed editorial style and standards.
- Maintained all stories and launched it on site.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, North Central College, Naperville, IL
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2022Create Date
- March 1, 2022Last Updated