3303 Ocala Street
Orlando, FL 32810
Job Objective Seeking a challenging position as a Publishing Editor where my skills and knowledge will add value to organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Wide experience in development of successful list of peer reviewed journals
- Profound knowledge of publishing software packages
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite, math and science
- Familiar with Windows XP, MS Outlook and Word
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Excellent eye for detail and able to keep accurate records
American Express, Orlando, FL
August 2005 – Present
- Liaised with journal editors and colleagues within the company.
- Developed reports for editorial board meetings, collated and analyzed statistics.
- Attended editorial meetings as required.
- Assisted with budget data gathering, monthly statistical reports and market research.
- Maintained journal web sites and administrative databases.
- Dealt with telephone calls, correspondence and routine enquiries.
- Provided appropriate cover in the Managing Editors’/Publisher’s absence.
Kelly Services, Orlando, FL
May 2000 – July 2005
- Edited documents for consistency and appropriate language.
- Compiled well-written letters, documents and creative copy.
- Assured that the production process runs smoothly and that publications are printed on time.
- Commissioned new editions and online resources.
Bachelor’s Degree in English
TransPacific Hawaii College, Honolulu, HI
2880 Peck Street
Londonderry, NH 3053
Job Objective To help reputable company meet both their short and long-term goals by filling the position of Publishing Editor and putting my skills to good use.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience with curriculum establishment, publishing and technical writing
- Huge knowledge of editing developer documentation
- Wide knowledge of copyediting, proofreading, indexing, and word processing
- Steep knowledge of contracts, forms and agreements
- Proficient with MS Office, Photoshop, content management systems, HTML and XML
- Strong writing, editing, and copy editing skills
- Ability to edit articles to ensure they are accurate, concise and comprehensive
- Ability to compose well-written letters, documents, and creative copy
- Professional Experience
- Publishing Editor, July 2007 – Present
- Kelly Services, Inc., Londonderry, NH
- Aided editing and evaluation of testing materials.
- Monitored coverage and fulfilled test design.
- Coordinated with customer and managed item selection and manuscript establishment.
- Reviewed material according to editorial and customer review.
- Established project archived in accordance with project standards.
- Publishing Editor, March 2004– June 2007
- Booz Allen, Londonderry, NH
- Assisted Editors, Editorial Board Members and internal staff.
- Outlined strategies and advancement plans and enforced tactics for these strategies.
- Coordinated on editorial development and editorial co-ordination.
- Formulated titles for market-leading publications and profitable subscription revenues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Publishing, Erskine College, Due West, SC
- Master’s Degree in Publishing, Argosy University, Twin Cities, MN
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated