Network Security Engineer Resume Example
Here is the Network Security Engineer Resume example:
3258 Lauren Drive
Madison, WI 53718
Objective To secure a position as a Network Security Engineer for your firm.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Wide experience with network security policies, and implementation
- Familiarity with network based filters in an ISP class environment and enterprise level
- Profound knowledge of various internet and network technologies
- Huge knowledge of centralized authentication systems – TACACS, Radius
- Familiarity with Juniper Netscreen firewall, Tivoli, MRTG/Cacti or other SNMP management tools
- Proficient with Cisco Router suite of products, DWDM, Frame Relay, ATM, T3, MPLS
- Skilled to understand and maintain firewall on network
Network Security Engineer, August 2005 – Present
Comrise Technology, Madison, WI
- Coordinated with Manager and senior Network Engineers and ensured that project objectives were met.
- Assisted various technical groups and resolved all issues that occurred in network and other systems.
- Resolved all technical issues in system within timeframe.
- Recommended changes in network and its security when required and implemented design changes.
- Monitored working of network and security arrangements.
- Documented all updates and designs prepared for network.
Network Security Engineer, May 2000 – July 2005
NetApp, Madison, WI
- Maintained network and ensured that all changes were implemented effectively.
- Ensured that all data was maintained in accordance to quality requirements.
- Trained and recommended improvements in training process.
- Monitored all threats received on system.
- Prepared guides for performing troubleshoot on system and upgraded procedures accordingly.
- Provided recommendation on technology of systems and enhancements required on network.
- Managed all medium and small sized projects for organization.
- Performed changes in process and ensured that it was effective system.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Sul Ross State University, Alpine, TX
609 West Main Street
Objective To secure the position of Network Security Engineer in a company that offers opportunities for professional growth.
- In-depth knowledge of high end Cisco Pix, Juniper Netscreen Firewall and IDS.
- Broad experience in troubleshooting skills of VoIP and WAN/MAN/CAN infrastructures and remote accesses.
- Strong in IP Networking and Routing Protocols.
- Proficiency in ASP, IDS, SSG, ISG, WXC, CISCO PIX, JUNO ROUTERS
- Familiar with Cisco Routers, Bay Routers, Switches, Firewalls and Operating Systems, Network Security/Monitoring Tools, Enterprise Tools and Protocols.
- Network Security Engineer, 2007 to till date
- The Ultimate Software Group, Inc., MA
- Involved in designing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting complex networks.
- Evaluated new and emerging security threats, products and technologies.
- Designed and maintained hosting and corporate network and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Designed and Configured the WAN infrastructure.
- Installed, configured and maintained PCs, networking equipment and network operating systems.
M.S in Computer Science Engineering, 2007
University of California-Berkeley
B.S in Computer Science Engineering, 2005