Educational Assistant Resume
Here is the Educational Assistant Resume example:
5327 N Barranca Ave
San Francisco, CA, 94158
Objective To obtain the Educational Assistant position and utilize my experience and skills for the successful completion of each job task.
Summary of Skills:
- Certified Assistant Professional with experience in using prescribed instructional strategies with individuals and small groups
- Profound knowledge of classroom management and child development techniques and principles
- Proficient working with various forms of educational technologies
- Skilled working with linguistically and culturally diverse students
- Sound knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, guidelines and procedures
- Highly skilled in working with students with disabilities
- Strong skills in working in collaborative team based environments
Educational Assistant, August 2005 to till date
Minneapolis Public Schools, San Francisco, CA
- Assisted staff in management of student behavior.
- Applied proactive strategies to deal with student behavior.
- Implemented district approved techniques for verbal de-escalation, personal safety, and safe physical restraints.
- Collaborated and worked cooperatively, as a team member, with colleagues, staff, and community representatives.
- Maintained professional district Educational Assistant competencies.
- Performed prescribed instructional strategies with individuals and small groups.
- Assisted licensed staff and prepared instructional, informational and referral materials as was requested.
Educational Assistant, May 2000 to July 2005
AP Productions, San Francisco, CA
- Assisted in direct academic, functional, vocational and specifically designed instructional and physical activities.
- Worked with individual students and small groups in correcting homework, and grade papers.
- Informed teacher of a student’s special needs or problems.
- Assisted teachers to keep administrative records and prepared required reports.
- Communicated with parents to discuss students’ progress and disciplinary issues.
- Monitored student behavior and disciplined students as was necessary.
- Performed minor clerical duties as was requested.
Bachelor’s Degree in Administrative Assistant, St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO